- Travel awards support 27 trainees presenting research at 2017 Till & McCulloch Meetings August 3, 2017 – Twenty-seven trainees from Medicine by Design-funded laboratories have been awarded Medicine by Design Travel Awards to attend this key Canadian regenerative medicine conference.
- Research team harnesses engineering, biology and medicine in effort to stimulate muscle to fix itself July 25, 2017 – Project explores whether a novel biomaterial scaffold can coax stem cells that are already present in the muscle to spring into action to heal traumatic injuries.
- Summer by Design draws emerging regenerative medicine leaders from around the world to U of T July 16, 2017 – This month-long series of workshops, lab sessions, tours and conferences aims to advance knowledge and skills required to commercialize new therapies.
- Tissue engineering pioneer Michael Sefton to lead Medicine by Design as executive director June 28, 2017 – Sefton, who also heads a collaborative team project focused on using novel biomaterials to stimulate skeletal muscle to repair itself, begins his five-year term on July 1, 2017.
- Multidisciplinary research teams target blindness and stroke damage using regenerative medicine June 27, 2017 – Read about three Medicine by Design-funded team projects that are unlocking the power of stem cells to better understand and treat neurological diseases.