- Engineered stem cell platform gives new insights into beginnings of human development October 19, 2017 - Medicine by Design-funded research could help answer fundamental biological questions and advance efforts to make organ-like structures
- Art meets regenerative medicine as Toronto artist creates original work for visiting speakers October 16, 2017 - First limited-edition screen print to be presented this week at Global Speaker Series event.
- Travel awards support 27 trainees presenting research at 2017 Till & McCulloch Meetings August 9, 2017 - Twenty-seven trainees from Medicine by Design-funded laboratories have been awarded Medicine by Design Travel Awards to attend this key Canadian regenerative medicine conference.
- Research team harnesses engineering, biology and medicine in effort to stimulate muscle to fix itself July 25, 2017 - Project explores whether a novel biomaterial scaffold can coax stem cells that are already present in the muscle to spring into action to heal traumatic injuries.
- Summer by Design draws emerging regenerative medicine leaders from around the world to U of T July 16, 2017 - This month-long series of workshops, lab sessions, tours and conferences aims to advance knowledge and skills required to commercialize new therapies.